Terms & Conditions
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with VPS Fast. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document VPS Fast may suspend or terminate your account.
JINET's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for JINET is designed to help protect JINET, JINET's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by JINET. JINET reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting.
Prohibited Use of JINET Services:
· 1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
· 2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through JINET's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on JINET's servers, is prohibited. JINET accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
· 3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by JINET customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any JINET-hosted domain, or referencing any JINET account, is prohibited.
· 4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
· 5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
· 6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
· 7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
· 8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any JINET customers or end-users by any means or device.
· 9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the JINET network or on another provider's network.
· 10. Using JINET's Services to interfere with the use of the JINET network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each JINET customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from JINET, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an JINET customer will be forwarded to the JINET customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the JINET Acceptable Use Policy occur, JINET reserves the right to terminate services or take action to stop the offending customer from violating JINET's AUP as JINET deems appropriate, without notice.
Refunds are available for virtual private servers within 7 days from the signup date. Licenses, IP addresses, SSLs, management services and addition of funds to the account are not eligible for refunds. Issuing a dispute or chargeback will result in suspension and/or termination of your account including all related services. Your personal details may also be reported to FraudRecord or law enforcement agencies.
Unauthorised storage, distribution or replication of copyrighted content is forbidden. JINET is not responsible for copy-right infringements caused by what the Customer hosted on JINET's servers. Customers are to respond to any abuse, blacklist or DMCA reports within 48 hours or the service may be suspended.
Resource usage limits
A VPS or Virtual Private Server is a shared environment with users or other containers. This means that excessive CPU, network and I/O abuse will cause issues for other customers on the same node. We do not place hard limits on these resources, however common sense is expected. Any VPS abusing their resources may be shut down, rebooted or suspended without warning. DDoS attacks, flooding and port scanning are not allowed. Common sense is also expected, please do not do anything you would not feel comfortable using on your own internet connection.
Constant CPU usage should be kept below half the number of CPU cores in load. For example, if your VPS has 4 CPU cores, then your overall load should be kept below 2.00. This does not apply to short bursts.
The following services are banned on our network: DoS attacks, escessive port scanning, Botnets, TOR relays and exits (Please ASK first, we will more than likely say yes!), Illegal downloads/Piracy, Nested Virtualization (example: QEMU within a VPS instance), Spamming, Virtual currency mining, virtual currency clients (please ASK first), AtHome Software, IP spoofing, CrystalMines, HYIP websites, Booter/Stresser websites, HitLeap or any traffice generation tools (Please ASK first). The program nixstats is also not allowed, due to it's high CPU and IO usage.
We do not claim or guarantee the availability of backups, or of our DDoS protection system. SLA credit or free service may be given in case of downtime or other disruptions, please ticket to request this.
JINET reserves the right to terminate service at any time. If an account is terminated for a policy violation there will be no refund. Customers can cancel service pursuant to the terms of their contract by email or through the client area with a minimum of 5 days prior to the renewal date of the service. Only authorized contacts/individuals can cancel an account. Unless client specifies a termination date, accounts will be terminated upon notice. All outstanding invoices must be paid in full prior to requesting cancellation.
When you cancel and you have enabled a Paypal automatic payment you need to cancel that automatic payment in Paypal, they do not allow us to do this. If you fail to do this we will not be responsible and will not refund any amounts that you then pay in error.
Monday, May 24, 2021